To file a new document on an existing case, complete the following steps.
In order to file a new document, you must first add the case to your case list. To do so, click the “Add” link on the left hand menu under the Recent Cases list. Click here for more details on adding a case.
Once your case is added, you may click on the Create New Filing menu tab on the left side of screen. The file new document screen will appear where you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Select case: you must first enter the case number for the case you wish to file on. Simply begin typing case number, then if you wish, select the appropriate case from the drop down menu that appears. Shortcut – You can also begin a new filing by click the case number on the left hand side, then by click the “File New Document” link on the upper right of screen once the case data appears. The system will assume you want to file the document on the case you are viewing and pre-populate STEP 1.
- Add documents: you may now upload the documents you wish to file by completing the Add Documents filed. First, select the Document Type from the drop down, then type in the Document Description (typically the title of the document that would appear on the upper right of the first page of the pleading), and last click the Browse button to navigate to the document on your computer. Select it for upload. Now, click the ADD link. If your pleading requires that you upload multiple documents to make up your filing (i.e. a Motion with attached Exhibits), simply repeat STEP 2 until all documents are uploaded. Please make sure that the first document uploaded is your main or lead document for the pleading.
- Filing fees: the Court requires that you provide payment information for the collection if filing fees if the document type you have selected and are filing requires filing fees be paid.
- Complaint Amount: enter the amount of the claim the Plaintiff is seeking in the case.
- Additional Info: the Court requires that for some case types and / or document types the filer provide additional information. If additional info is required, the appropriate form fields will appear here and you are required to complete them. If no additional info is required, a message will display as such, and you may continue to the next step.
- Review and Submit: to complete your filing, you may enter your internal case number, or client matter number for your own records. This will allow you to run e-filing reports against that client matter in Green Filing in the future. Finally, please closely review all your data, check the box for “I have verified all information included above” and click Sign and File.
Once submitted, you will be directed to your Filing Status screen where you will see your filing listed initially with a status of SENT. Within moments the status will change to PENDING, indicating that the court has received the filing and it is pending review.
Once accepted by the Court, the status will update to ACCEPTED and you will receive a filing receipt via email.