If you wish to have a document(s) served via Email, Certified Mail, or First Class Mail to any person but not file the documents in the court, Create Serve Only is the option to use. When filers click the Submit button, the application sends the document(s) to the selected contacts only. The documents are NOT filed with the court.
Scroll down for more detailed instructions.
From the Dashboard, click Create Serve Only
- Select your Case – Choose your case, or click Add a Case to retrieve your case from the court’s system.
- Enter a Document Description for the document, and then click the Click to Upload link to add your document.
- Service Contacts – Add the service contacts to your filing for whom you want perform the electronic or mail service on.
- Review & Submit – Finalize your submission, review, and Submit Service.
Create Serve Only
- Select Case – Choose your case, or click Add a Case to retrieve your case from the court’s system.
- Add Documents – Select and upload the documents that make up your filing.
- The system automatically names the Document Type.
- Enter the Remainder of Title: Type the true document title in the document description field.
- Click the Click to Upload link to add your document. We’ll automatically convert most native file formats (i.e. Word, WordPerfect, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF) into the Court’s preferred Adobe PDF format, upon upload.
- Click the Edit button to edit a description, delete a document, or replace a document.
- Service Contacts – Add and select service contacts to perform electronic service and starting in December 2020, serve documents by mail.
- eServe – Check the box for any service contact listed to electronically serve the uploaded documents via email.
- Mail Service – Filers may now choose to send the documents via Certified or First Class Mail for an additional fee by selecting one of those types for each contact in this column.
- Name – If a user selects Mail Service, the contact’s address will display under their name. If they do not have an address on file, the system immediately prompts a user to add one upon selection of the service.
- Email Address – Only the user who adds the service contact originally may edit the address at a later time.
- Add Service Contact – If the filer wishes to add a Service Contact not listed, they may click the Add Service Contact link. The system will list this new contact as a Green Filing Email in the Service Type column.
- Mail Service Fees – Green Filing will invoice the filer the Mail Service Fees at the end of each month.
- Return Address – Your firm’s return address for any mail related issues.
- Review & Submit – Finalize your submission, review, and submit.
- Review all entries
- Enter an internal Client Matter Number if needed
- Click the Submit Service button when ready
Congratulations! You have submitted your document(s) for electronic and / or mail service. You may return to this filing from the Filing Status screen at any time to view updates on the selected service.