Before submitting a new filing to the court, the account’s firm admin must add payment accounts to collect both Green Filing’s fees and the Utah Court’s fees. However, since Green Filing and the Utah Courts use SEPARATE payment gateways, which are NOT integrated, users must add a Payment Type twice; once in the Green Filing Fees panel (Letter A) and once in the Utah Court Fees panel (Letter B). An account may have multiple cards on file for specific clients, or have one firm card to use for all filings firm wide.
Note: If there is a need to update a current card’s information, the user will want to create a new payment account and then delete the old one. The user can not simply change the account number or expiration date of an existing payment account.
- Click Settings Payment Settings
- Click Add New Payment Method to add a card for Green Filing Fees or Utah Court Fees
- Enter Nickname and Select Payment Account Type then click Continue
- Enter Payment Information
- Confirm Account Listed
Add a Payment Account
Payment Settings Overview
A: Green Filing Fees
- Click Add New Payment Method in the Green Filing Fees panel (Letter A above).
- Enter your Payment Account Nickname and select the Payment Account Type for Green Filing Fees, and click the Continue button.
- Upon clicking the Continue button, the e-filing application will redirect users to Chase Bank’s payment gateway where filers may enter their information. Currently, Green Filing allows for Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and e-Checks.
For a Credit Card, enter the Card Holder Name, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, CVC Number, and Billing Address before clicking the Continue button.
For an e-Check, enter the Account Type, Name on Account, Routing Number, Confirm the Routing Number, Account Number, Confirm the Account Number, and Billing Address before clicking the Continue button.
Note: Users will want to enter their account number and routing number twice to confirm the numbers entered are correct.
- Upon clicking the Submit button, the system will return the user back to the main Payments Setting screen. Users may now see any new Credit Cards or e-Checks correctly added for use for Green Filing’s Fees.
B: Utah Court Fees
- Click Add New Payment Method in the Utah Court Fees panel (Letter B above).
- Enter your Payment Account Nickname and select the checkbox Make this payment method available to all filers on the account if applicable. Click the Continue button.
- Upon clicking the Continue button, the e-filing application will redirect users to Utah’s Heartland Payment Processor to add a credit card or e-check to the e-filing system. Fill out all the information, and then click the button Token on the lower right.
- Once the user clicks the Token button, the system will redirect them back to Green Filing where they will want to click the Continue button.
- Upon clicking the Continue button, the system will return the user back to the main Payments Setting screen (or back to a filing if the user was in the middle of a filing). Users may now see any new Credit Cards or e-Checks correctly added for use for Utah Court Fees.
C: Delete and Edit Payment Accounts
In the Action column of both the Green Filing Fees panel and Utah Court Fees, a user may Delete a payment account when necessary (Letter C).
However, when the user clicks the Edit link, they will only be able to update the Card Nickname and select/deselect whether to Make the card available account wide to pay filing fees or Use the card to auto-pay e-filing service fees.
If the user needs to update the card information, they will want to delete the current one, and re-add the card with the updated information.
Set the Default Card for Green Filing Fees
The application automatically sets the first Payment Type added for Green Filing Fees as the Default Card. If a user wishes to change the Default Card for this purpose, they may click the Edit link for any card in the Green Filing Fees panel. Then check the box Use this card to auto-pay e-filing service fees. and click the Save button.
D: Make a Payment for Outstanding Green Filing Fees
If a user has a red box at the top of their Payment Settings that says:
Important Note: You have an account balance due in the amount of $XX.XX.,
they will want to Make a Payment (Letter D) before the e-Filing system will allow the user to continue filing.
Click the Make A Payment link to that text’s right. This brings up the Make A Payment modal popup where the user will select a card listed and authorize the payment.
Additionally, users have the option to select the checkbox Do you want to use this card to autopay your account? to avoid future balances in the e-filing system.