Initiate a new case with a Foreign Probate case type in seven easy steps:
Initiate a New Case
1. Select Court & Case Type – Choose the court location and case type to file your new case.
- Court – Select your Court
- Case Type – Choose Other Probate for the Case Type.
If you have a question as to the court to select, please refer to Utah’s Case Initiation Business Rules for General Civil, Domestic, and Probate PDF here for more information.
2. Add Documents – Define, select, and upload the documents that make up your filing.
3. New Case Parties – Enter the required parties.
Each case type you choose has required parties that must be defined. You may add more parties by clicking the Add Parties link at the bottom of this section, but you must still have the court’s required roles in order to file.
4. Complaint Amount – Enter the amount of the claim, if applicable.
Note: Probate cases typically do not have a claim amount associated with them, so you can check the box for Unspecified, then select Tier 2 for this probate case type.
5. Additional Info – Enter any additional information that is required for this filing type.
6. Filing Fees – Select or enter a payment method to pay court filing fees.
7. Review & Submit – Finalize your filing, review, and submit.
- Filing Attorney – If you are Filing for an Attorney, select them from the menu. You may also Add Additional Attorneys.
- Client Matter / Reference No. – If your firm uses any sort of Client Matter No, enter it here.
- Courtesy Email Notice – If you want an unofficial copy of the filing to go to anyone associated with the case, like a client, enter their email(s) in this field.
- Review your entire filing for accuracy, Then check the box to acknowledge you have verified your filing information.
Click the Submit Filing button to send your filing to the court.